Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

My first official blog

While I still haven't taken the time to read all the posts up to this point, I will go ahead and blog. I am thankful for you two and I am thankful that our God is gracious enough to meet me again at the point where I have put food before Him. Stressful and busy times in life make it so easy to ignore Him, when, in fact, it is so important to be in communion with Him during these times! I want to again REPLACE eating when I'm not hungry but just trying to fill that void with feasting on HIM. I want to do that because I hate how I still feel so unsatisified when I try to fill the void with food. I KNOW HE CAN FILL MY HUNGER BECAUSE MY HUNGER IS FOR HIM, I JUST FORGET THAT.

As I read through the Bible with my children, Jackson is always amazed at those Israelites. "They're worshipping idols again!" He shakes his head. He just doesn't understand why they keep doing what isn't working. Here I am shaking my head at myself. I'm running to food again! I am so sorry, Lord. I want to learn to run to you and be satisfied. That is my prayer.

0 comments: