Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Child of God or a Child of Satan?

First let me finish my post from the other day...

1 John is full of information in its short 5 chapters that shows us that we are more than just drones or puppets to God. Our relationship with him is more than blind compliance or obedience. It is active, or at least it should be. It's just that sometimes we may need to remember that it is because of God's work in our lives that we should be obedient and not that he works in our lives because of our obedience. God doesn't need me. I need him and this book gives many examples of things we would do if we are indeed in him. These things we would do are more of our cooperation with God's power and they can be evidences of our salvation.

Presently I am sitting here trying to gather my scattering thoughts, praying for clarity and understanding. Whenever I go to pray, thoughts and words pour into my mind making it impossible to talk to God. Does that ever happen to you? I hate it and it's frustrating, but God will take it away.

Here is an encouraging thought. Well, at least it is to me. We may never be perfect, but we will still resemble the one who gave us birth, spiritually speaking. If ever I doubt, and you both know I do a lot, it remains true that as the Father is, so is His child. It is not that we don't sin. It's what we do with that sin that tells us who's child we are.

With all this stupid Halloween candy around, I have found myself snacking here and there. They make them so small any more (anyone notice how the fun sized ones are about 1/2 as big as they used to be???). Well with their size I have given myself freedom to enjoy 2 and 3 at a time (sometimes more). Today-right now-I pray that when I do that, when I run to the chocolate, I want to be able to not only stop when I realize what I am doing, but also be able to call it sin and right away confess it, letting Satan know that he cannot have a hold on me. I am not his. Satan, I am not yours!!!

I hope you all enjoyed your fast today. I can't say as I'm enjoying it, but it is challenging me! I am thankful for that. I'd love to hear from you all. I am going to finish and call you now, Sam and see how things are going.

0 comments: