Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

God's Whisper

Today was an emotionally heavy day (noted why on my personal blog). I've been a Christian now for 22 years-wow, did I just say that? It still amazes me how God can speak to our hearts in the midst of whatever is going on...whether we are deep into worship, or worry, or going shopping, or caring for sick ones, etc...and somehow, you know it is just God. My prayer has been that God speak to me in ways that I understand. And in the midst of chaos-the sounds of Satan trying to fill my mind with other junk while I'm trying to worship-God whispers, and we actually hear Him! How cool is that? Anyway, this morning at our contemporary church service, Paul and I have all three sick kids sitting on the back row. Crayons and papers are everywhere. Cough drop wrappers are everywhere as if the kids thought they were candy. I had a daughter coughing in my face as she rested on my hip--for the whole service, mind you! And our Praise Team was a bit too loud. (boy, I am getting old!) As I am singing a song I have sung many times over, I heard God's voice reveal the words to me...

...Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here is my heart Lord, take & seal it,
Seal it for thy courts above.

I have recently seen just how prone I am to wander/wonder from/about God. Even though on days to where I can hear God's voice speak to me...I still fight the flesh to do what I want to do. I wonder why I do that...I guess it is because we are just so full of sin. The kind of sin that makes us prone to leave God all together. If I love God, why am I prone and tempted to NOT do His will? Why have I chosen not to listen to Him with this eating sin of mine? Ahgg...if I could only get all of that to line up!

Lord, thank you for speaking softly in midst of all of the other "voices" calling out to me this morning. Your voice is the Voice of Truth, and I will choose to listen. Help me to fight my flesh, ESPECIALLY when I don't understand why I do those things I do. Help me to hear, STOP, and OBEY. I know you want our obedience more than any sacrifice we could give. Help me to be obedient with a pure heart. Be with Erin and Michelle...help them to listen and obey as well. Thank you for giving me such dear friends...who help me wade through my murky waters, who encourages me to stay out of the puddles, and to love me enough to call my sin, sin.

0 comments: