Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Small Victories!

Today was a bit easier to rise and do my study. God gave me a full night's sleep...I didn't wake once...until 4:40 a.m. That is so rare for me...I normally am up 2-4 times a night going to the bathroom, etc. But not last night! Thank you God!

I had some small victories yesterday, and although small, I want to make sure I give God the glory! "Small" is the one thing I don't want to overlook, because that is SO what Satan wants me to do. It is those "small" things that lead us away from the Lord, and ends up chaining us to bondage. I've been made aware that it is the "small" things that get me rolling down the hill of depression-not the big things. Satan does not come and ring my door bell and say, "I'm here...can I come in?"So I am praying for more small victories today...reminding myself that every time I say no Satan, I am saying "yes" to God. And every time I say yes to God, my communication with Him is getting better and better.

* Lord, thank you for this quiet morning. Thank you for a great night's sleep...you know how important that is to me, physically and emotionally. Thank you for caring for our whole being...physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Thank you for the small victories yesterday, and I ask that you allow more today. Help me to walk worthy of those...taking one step at a time... I know Satan wants me stagnant, and convicting our hearts, allowing us to hear you, and then giving us the strength to obey are all steps toward glorifying you. Help us do that today...for I know that "whom much is given, much is required." Thank you for loving us!

As a footnote: I am going to change my fasting day to Wednesday instead of Thursday. It seems to work better with my schedule. I am home on Wednesdays with extra kids and I am gone on Thursdays. I really think God wants me to honor Him here at home first. I know that may not make sense to anyone, but for me it does.

0 comments: