Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Sam, I just ready your post...I, too, fought to get out of bed this morning. I wish I could say that I got up because God was telling me He wanted me to come play with Him. I just knew that if I didn't get up to do what I know I need to do, I would be denying myself any hope of hearing God talk to me. Perhaps the same thing, just not as personal.

We just got back from our holiday weekend. We go out to Tim's grandparent's farm where we are on gravel roads and have no cell service, no internet service and we're 1/2 an hour from town. It's the modern day sticks, but I love going. Unfortunately my allergies were in rare form and I couldn't breathe the whole time I was there. I don't think I've used my inhaler so much, ever. But, we're back and I'm ready to get into the groove again. Yes, I took a "vacation" from getting up. The down side to that is that I never thought about the study the whole weekend.


I made Fannie Mae Fudge while I was there...somewhat of a mistake. We never got more than half way through the fudge, but still, I was visiting the pan all the time. While we are at the farm, there is nothing but good "farmer" meals. For breakfast we are usually on our own. I will make biscuits and gravy one morning for everyone, but the rest is up to us. However, lunches and dinners are always fairly big. The point is that we eat and we eat well. Except for the biscuits and gravy, I do believe I did well on self control...and that darn fudge.


Erin, how are you doing?


Sam, how are you doing?


Girls, what week are you on? I am getting ready to start week 3 tomorrow. Should I stop and wait? I'd like to be caught up with you guys. For now, I will just do week 2, day 5, "Come, All Who Are Thirsty" and the passage is Isaiah 55.

The waters of God are free. He says, "Come, all who are thirsty..." its free. I wanted to drink of God this morning and found myself, my mind, all over the place.

He says, "Incline your ear to Me and listen that you may live."

"Seek the Lord while He may be found. Call upon Him while He is near."

Like precipitation falling to earth waters the earth and allows for things to grow, eventually providing food for us, God's Word doesn't return void to Him. It rains on us allowing us to produce fruit and grow. If we do not respond to God's Spirit, soon it will be hard to hear Him and hard to find Him.
  • God, I so want to hear your voice regularly and I know that it's because I ignore you often that I don't hear you as much. Forgive me of that. Talk to me today. Talk more to Sam and to Erin. Don't let us fall to the sin of food so much that we are overrun by it and only hear it and not you. Thank you for Erin and Sam and what their friendships mean, but don't let us be more concerned about these earthly friendships that we don't listen for you, best friend of all. Thank you for loving us when we love other things. Help us to do what's right and master the sin before us.

0 comments: