Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We're off

I got up bright and early this morning only to remember that I hadn't done my transcripts for the week...sorry, Erin. I am on that now and will get one to you today.

As for the study, I need to look for my book. I am sure I didn't get rid of it, so I just need to take a while to look. Dare I ask if you're both going to do the eating plan too? I do believe I will do that again. With my cholesterol being as high as it is, and I still want to lose more weight, I would like to do the "diet" part again, personally, unless we try something together again. Any suggestions?

Ok, before I sign off on this "first post" and in efforts to not make the first entry totally uninteresting, I should tell you something that I have been experiencing lately. Ok, so you both know how in the last study I finally realized that the "still small voice" that had been telling me that I shouldn't eat more of whatever sweet I was having, wasn't my "conscience" but in fact the Holy Spirit...? Right. That big magical revelation...well, anyways, I haven't been listening as often as I should, but for some reason, the last few times I would go for a second helping that I didn't need, the thought, "You're going to die" ran through my head plain as day. Weird, huh? I actually had a conversation about how, "No, surely I won't die if I eat another piece of cake" (does that sound vaguely familiar...Adam and Eve as they are being lied to by Satan himself?). But then again, I wasn't about to find out if there was any truth to the statement (and don't call me Shirley). How utterly stupid would that be? So, as hokey as all that sounds, the last couple of times I was going to over do it on sweets, I was stopped by a still, small voice.

Let's make this round of the study a round that brings honor to God. Let's stop telling the Holy Spirit to shut up and realize the myriad benefits to getting control of these sinful urges. I know many people who may read this will have no clue as to the "urges" that draw some of us to sweets or whatever unhealthy eating habit we have, but we have already learned that the urges are there and that they are really a cry from our soul, hungering to feast on Christ. My prayer for us this time around is that we truly learn to fill the void that we have with the only One who can truly fill it, and stop settling for our opinion of second best!

1 comments:

sigraber said...

me...i love this blog! great job. i'll blog tonight. i have a 9 mo old on my lap right now & am typing with just 1 hand.

s