Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Time to Refocus!

Week 3, Day 4...yes, I'm behind...but I am resolved to finish this study again. I'm praying that God give me something new, something for a "ah ha" moment. He told me in ways that I can understand that I already have what I need...there is no need for something new. I need no new trick or trinket to help me loose this weight. I need no new focus, I just need to refocus. The Holy Spirit in me is all I need...waiting to guide me and help me. I just need to ask and be grateful, instead of mentally throwing a temper tantrum because I feel I deserve "something." I just haven't been asking ...trying to do it all on my own-the very downside of my personality that festers my codependency issues...trying to fix everything in my own strength. I don't need to be strong for this...I just need to turn to God. I think I have allowed Satan to get me so frustrated with this weight thing that ...I see that I'm not strong enough and then I cave and QUIT. Instead of realizing that the next step is not in the quitting, but turning to God. Hmmm...my "next step" should be turning to God first. Hmmmm...maybe I have this whole thing backwards. And this is where I need to stop and pray, and ask Him to fill me up, to direct my day, to change my attitude, and to purify my heart.

Lord, thank you for this little "ah ha" moment...even though it is nothing "BIG". Thank you for speaking to me and teaching me in small ways. I know you care about all of the little things in my life, and I am sorry that those sometime get in the way of the big picture. Help me to refocus my thoughts today. You know I have been battling negative thinking patterns. You did not create me to do that, help me to recognize and stop them in their tracks. Thank you for loving me enough to sit quietly with me and to whisper to me and for me to hear you. Now, just help me to be obedient. Help me to glorify you in all I do. Be with Michelle and Erin as well. As we start this new year, bless them...bless their families. Help us all to become women of moderation. Help us to live like the daughters you created us to be. Thank you for giving me the greatest sisterhood I've ever known. I love you, help me love you more. I do believe Father, but help my unbelief. I give you this day.

0 comments: