Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Are you a tree?

Wow, how long has it been??? Too long.

I have been doing the study...very slowly. I just finished up week 3 a few minutes ago. I went to bed at 10 last night with a bad headache. That is a good time for me. I just haven't been able to stomach going to bed before then. It's almost as if I'd never see Tim by myself if I did, but even as I type this, I am doing much of it with my eyes closed, I'm so sleepy. I could almost feel Satan luring me to go back to bed this morning. I woke up at 4:30 to go to the bathroom, but my alarm goes off at 4:55 anyways, so what's the point of going back to bed?

I confess that because of my nodding off, I didn't get as much out of the lesson as I'd have hoped. It was on Psalm 1. I'm sure there are many truths there, but one thing I pulled away with was just not to be envious of the wicked. Whether that is the actual unbeliever who has it all, or the believer that isn't living the right way. I don't need to be envious because all they have is fleeting. It is all but for a moment and the only thing that will last is what is done for Christ. I want to live with Christ as my audience. I want to worry about what Christ thinks and not people. I want to live for the applause of Christ and not other people. I want to think and meditate on Him and His word and not on me and my belly or whatever else is distracting me today.

To be firmly planted by rivers of water is to be rooted...deep in Christ. To be filled and hydrated by living water. When the winds of temptation and trials blow, I want to be strongly grounded in Christ that I don't blow away like the chaff of wheat would in the wind. Realistically speaking, some fruit may fall off in the wind, but it will grow back if the tree is firmly planted.
  • Let me be that tree. May the wind blow in my life, and may I be found standing in you, Lord. There are so many pointless distractions in American life. We have it so easy. The easiness of life bothers me. If I am coasting through life, the Christian life, throw some speed bumps in there along the way. God, we have it too easy and perhaps it may not always be that way, but we aren't even thankful all the time for the way things are now. Give me and Sam and Erin hearts that long for you. Give us minds that realize that we are in the temporary and that what we do today determines a lot of our forever. I want to be firmly planted in you so that I yield much fruit for you and glorify you forever.

3 comments:

Goldielocks said...

Hey sweetie.. Goldielocks here.. i couldnt get onto any other blogs to post back to you.. i cant remember eXACTLY where i fixed it.. but i know it went something like this- there is a place you can put how many posts you do.. i think i made it a lower number. Like instead of 7, i only have 5.. maybe even 4.. and i know that magically the icons and pics fixed themselves.. i really hope that works cause when that's all tweaked and outta whack, it can really mess with your day, especially when you have one of those bad mama days ;) i really hope that helps.. feel free to drop in on the blog anytime!
God Bless!

Goldielocks said...

ps - were doing Romans in our community group-- its an AWESOME study.. good luck on yours ;)

timandmichelle (timandshelly) said...

I don't know if you are having these emailed back to you, but I wanted to say thanks for getting back to me. I will check out what you suggested and see if it works.